Posted in Job of the Week, News
Here is a list of our latest science jobs in the UK. Click on the links below to find out more and be the first to apply:
Home based with in the UK:
Auditors & Document Reviewers – Medical Devices
Medical Device Technologist – Hertfordshire
QC Officer – Food, Kent
Field Service Engineer – Mechanical, Electrical – Field based
Business Analyst – Oil & Gas, Surrey
Commercial Manager – Oil & Gas, Chemical, Surrey
Organic Chemist Technical Leader – APIs, N Ireland
Manufacturing Engineer, Medical Devices – Ireland
Formulation Development Scientist – N.Ireland
Group Leader – Formulation – N.I
QA Auditor – Suffolk
QC Analytical Specialist – Suffolk
Organic Chemist in Cramlington
Laboratory Assistant in Teesside
Validation Engineer in Barnard Castle
Analytical Development Chemist in Newcastle
Laboratory Technician in Glasgow
Scale Up Chemist, Chemicals, Greater Manchester
Quality Assurance Representative – N.West
Chemical Process Engineer – Chemicals, Merseyside
QC Laboratory Assistant, Chemical – London
Qualified Person (QP) in Scotland
QA Officer in Central Belt
Offshore Chemist in Aberdeen
NPD & Packaging Technologist – W. Midlands
Follow us on Twitter @CKScienceJobs to receive more industry news and CK jobs of the week updates
Posted in Industry News, News
Pharmatimes have reported that the Northern Ireland based Almac Group is introducing a Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) service to expand its solutions supporting the development of personalised medicine.
Almac has said that the service will support Almac’s biopharmaceutical partners in developing molecular tests for enriching clinical trials and establishing companion diagnostics, with a specific focus on targeted re-sequencing,
Professor Paul Harkin, president and md of Almac’s Diagnostics business unit and Professor of Molecular Oncology at Queen’s University Belfast said “There are only a limited number of platforms that are truly amenable to diagnostic delivery. The NGS field has now moved to a point where it is a viable delivery platform and as such is a logical addition to our suite of services”
Are you looking for a new job in Ireland?
Click here to see our latest science based jobs in Ireland
Posted in Industry News, News
Hannah Milward at CK Science is recruiting for an Senior Automation Engineer x10 to join a medical devices manufacturer based in County Limerick, on a full time, 12 month contract basis.
As Senior Automation Engineer, the main purpose of your role will be to develop machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration.
Further responsibilities of this Senior Automation Engineer will include the following:
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Work within a cross functional multidisciplinary team environment.
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
- Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
Qualifications and skills:
As Senior Automation Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- Several years experience working with relevant equipment/systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
- Strong communication skills
As Senior Automation Engineer you will be working with a global medical devices manufacturer based in County Limerick with the following terms:
- 12 month temporary contract role
- 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Senior Automation Engineer position please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH25103 in all correspondence.
Are you looking for a new job in medical devices?
Click here to see our latest medical devices jobs